Sunday, August 2, 2009

Time, Heat and a Mural in Progress


It has been a long time since I left a post and for those of you who have been diligent in hounding me for more blogs and more art, I thank you. I have been inundated as of late with work, a soaring heat wave, the unending desire to procrastinate, and an imaginary muse who left on vacation for a cooler climate. I think her imaginary note said Arizona!


As for art...did you know that acrylic paint dries almost instantly in 90 degree weather let alone 112 degree. I have lost paint still in the tube!! Awe well, life goes on.
I am working on a mural designed to be as close a replica of Juarez Machado as I can make. I am taking my year off to explore alternate techniques and color palattes. I find this man's work to be both difficult and beyond inspiring. I am of the opinion that he should be considered one of the great "Masters" of our day. If you are unfamiliar with his work I am adding a link to my sidebar.


For other images of the mural in close up please scroll below this post. I will continue to add images of the mural in progress as the weather allows.


More blogging to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment