Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Other Works


"My Name Is Cleo"
Acrylic on Canvas
36x36

I have recently discovered that anything I paint has to have some kind of lesson of self discovery. I am currently working on a piece without any figurative elements. I have been staring at it for a couple weeks wondering why I couldn't finish it. Then it hit me, it was just flowers in a vase with no other purpose than to look pretty. While there is nothing wrong with this generally speaking, somewhere along the way it has become a problem for me.

I include lots of pattern in my work because, while I paint, it encourages me to think about my own patterns of behavior. What do you see and feel when you look at the painting? (I am adding other recent works as well)I would really love to know. By the way there is no right or wrong answers. It could be that you just like the colors or perhaps you don't like them all? That is okay too.


"Peace Through Music"
Acrylic on canvas
30x40


"Peace Through Chaos"
Acrylic on canvas
30x40


"Take a Peek..."
Acrylic on canvas
36x36

No comments:

Post a Comment